Things we have learned from the Autumn Statement:
1) Labour were right, borrowing to invest is a good thing
2) After 6 years of pain, the Tories haven’t managed to reduce our national debt one jot, it’s still going up
3) The cost to our economy of Brexit will cancel out any saving from not contributing to the EU. Although right now we are bearing the cost and still contributing
4) Despite Mrs May’s lovely speech, the poorest families will be hundreds of pounds a year worse off
5) But don’t worry, because there’s still enough money to fund tax cuts for those earning over £43,000 a year.